FoodTech@TheMill: 6 evenings of guest lectures and networking for SMEs from the North-East region supplying IT, Environmental and Value-added Services to the Agri-Food sector
Ireland, and the Boyne Region in particular, has a proud agricultural tradition and has developed a strong cluster of Agri-Food companies in the region.
Globally, there’s unprecedented competition for food due to population growth and changing diets. Technology in the Agri-Food Sector can be used to optimise traditional solutions, by helping to streamline and better manage operations, more efficiently utilise resources and improve communications.
The Mill Enterprise Hub is recruiting 12 small businesses in the region that can benefit from a series of six seminars from some of the leading food companies in Ireland. Sample companies could include:
- Software Developers for Agri-Food sector
- Production Specialists
- Quality Control
- Environmental Firms
- Food Producers with export potential
- New Product Development for Agri-Food
The format will be based on in-depth presentations & case-studies from some of the leading Agri-Food companies in Ireland.
- Technology Applications in Food Service
- Supply chain for scaling SMEs
- Accessing International Markets/Major Customers in the Food Sector
- New Product Development Process
- Product Portfolio Management
- Scaling a Food/Agri Manufacturing Process
The seminars will take place over six weeks, commencing on Wednesday October 29th at 7pm and finishing on Wednesday December 3rd. Each seminar will be 2 hours and applicants will be required to attend all seminars.
Each seminar will be followed by pizza, beer & networking opportunity.
The seminars are subsidised and applicants will be charged a once-off payment of €80 to attend all six talks.