This ‘Introduction to Tendering’ workshop is aimed specifically at small business owners/sole traders that have never completed a tender before. It aims to demystify the procedures around pitching for, and ultimately winning some of the ‘below threshold’ (ie. below €25k) work that Local Authorities and other Government Bodies/Agencies contract out.
The workshop is also suitable for new start-ups that are looking into public procurement as a possible future option, and for those looking to pick up some of the very small contracts. The programme involves a half day training workshop plus individual mentoring on the day.
This workshop is being run in conjunction with The Mill, Drogheda to actively encourage small businesses on the island of Ireland to engage in public procurement.
Topics Covered include:
- Advice on proposal writing (‘proposals’ as opposed to lengthy ‘tenders’)
- Responding to ‘below threshold’ work (i.e. below €25k) required by public bodies
- Proposals for work below the €5K threshold
- How to simply and easily respond to a ‘mini competition’ by email
- Documents that may be required to attach to the email proposal
- Finding tender opportunities
- Tax clearance certificates and insurance certificates – are they required?
- Case study examples of simple success stories
- Valuable tips on proposal writing and responding to simple requests for quotations from the public sector (particularly the below €5k threshold work)
- By the end of the day you will be registered on the Local Authority Quotes website (www.Laquotes.ie) and registered on eTenders (www.etenders.gov.ie)
Date: Tuesday, 4th October 2016
Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Venue: The Mill Enterprise Hub, Drogheda