Female Entrepreneurship Programme
What is it?
Sponsored by AIB, The Coca-Cola International Services, Louth & Meath LEO, the FETAC Boyne Valley Female Entrepreneurship Programme aims to select up to 16 start-ups and help them fast-track their businesses, develop leadership skills, achieve scale and create employment. Participants will be given the knowledge, skills and understanding to commercialise sustainable and profitable products and services, that customers need and want.
Six trainers will be delivering 12 modules. At the end of the course participants will be required to complete a mandatory assignment, which is to be submitted on Friday, December 18th 2015. For the assignment, participants will be asked to submit a completed Business Model Canvas (the criteria for scoring will advised on Day 1 of the programme) and on Day 7 each participant will be presenting an Investor Pitch to Assessors (scoring will be advised).
Certificates of completion will be presented on Day 7, and all participants will automatically become part of the Ryan Academy Female Entrepreneurship network which will enable them to attend all networking events organized by the Ryan Academy.
Who is it for?
We are looking for female participants who are currently considering setting up a business, or who have been in business for the past 2 years.
When is it?
The Programme will take place one full day per week over a 7 week period in The Mill Enterprise Hub in Drogheda. Time: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm.
What topics will be covered?
Day 1: 19th October
Introduction to Entrepreneurship & Business Management
• Tradesperson or Business Owner?
• Challenges in managing & growing a small business
• Growth & diversification
• Thinking like an entrepreneur
Day 2: 2nd November
(i) Business Planning for your Business Environment
• Challenge of a changing business environment
• What is strategy?
• Why write a business plan?
• Business environment analysis tools – what they are and how to use them
• Identifying and implementing a sustainable business model
(ii) Marketing Management & Branding
• What is marketing?
• Identifying your market and your customer
• Market segmentation
• The marketing mix
• Social Media
• Digital Marketing
Day 3: 9th November
(i) Project Management
(ii) Business Risk Management
Day 4: 16th November
(i) Sales Strategy & Process
• Sales strategy
• Design & implementation of sales processes
• How & what we do in sales for the organisation
• Creating the sales pipeline
• Goals, measures and accountability
(ii) Financial Management, Funding Models & Revenue
• Accounts for business
• Overview of Revenue requirements
• Cash flow
• Benchmarking & valuing business performance
• Sources of funding
Day 5: 23rd November
(i) Leadership Styles: Building your Team
• Identifying and allocating key roles in your team
• Founders, employees, mission, intent, values. Managing a growing business.
• Why is EQ essential in team building & leadership
• Why is emotional capital so powerful in building your team and sustaining successful businesses
(ii) Legals for Start-ups
Day 6: 30th November
(i) Sustaining & Growing your Business
• Managing the now and planning for the future
• Sources of funding
• Prospects and opportunities for the construction sector
• The innovation process described
• Sustaining for growth
(ii) Pitch Preparation for Skills Demonstration
• The problem you Solve
• Who you are?
• What you do?
• Practice your business plan pitch
Day 7: 7th December ‘Finale’
Skills Demonstration – ‘Investor Pitch’ to Panel, Certificate Ceremony & Final Wrap Up
Who is delivering the programme?
DCU Ryan Academy is a non-profit, joint venture between Dublin City University and the Ryan Family (Ryanair) that aims to be the leading supporter of entrepreneurs and innovation in Ireland. Their mission is to promote an entrepreneurial mindset and real innovation focus among Irish SMEs, corporates, start-ups and researchers through a range of training, leadership and funding initiatives. They currently deliver the Female High Fliers Programme which is an accelerator programme for female led start-ups which specifically addresses the challenges facing female entrepreneurs, supported by Enterprise Ireland. This programme fast tracks female entrepreneurs, their leadership skills and their businesses. It includes a comprehensive programme of workshops, bespoke mentoring and excellent networking opportunities.
How can I find out more?
View the Illuminate Boyne Valley/M1 Female Entrepreneurship Programme brochure here.
For further information, please contact email@example.com